Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 233292
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Do you have a passion for Functional Safety? Do you enjoy working hand-in-hand with talented designers to deliver safe solutions meeting customer needs? Are you an advocate for process adherence who ensures that the job gets done right? Do you want to join an Engineering company which offers many growth opportunities nationally and internationally? Then apply for the position of RAMS manager with Siemens!
In this role, you will incorporate RAMS management throughout the entire lifecycle of product development, from a use case definition, RAMS planning over requirement clarification, design, software development, hardware development, test, validation, field test, pilot projects, product qualification, safety case to independent safety assessment.
- Establish system requirements with regard to reliability, availability, maintainability and safety using customer requirements and FRA guidelines;
- Prepare and execute project safety plans in line with Siemens standards and practices. Also ensure that necessary documents (hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, safety cases, etc.) are available for approvals
- Act as the intermediary between the project and approval authority; support project execution by coordinating requirements with the Project Manager, Systems Engineers, Independent Safety Assessors, Suppliers and Customers
- Perform RAM and Safety Analyses, FMEA and FTA to identify faults within the systems and operations
- Ensure process adherence throughout the SDLC within the scope of responsibility
- Identify safety requirements through evaluation of the software and hardware design characteristics and functions.
- Independently manage the system safety and reliability elements of complex, technical projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a RAMS engineer, RAMS manager, software developer or validator for complex and safety-critical Railroad, Nuclear Plant, Aircraft and\or Automotive systems
- Experience with Safety-Critical Software Development Processes
- Knowledge of fail-safe, vital and redundant design principles
- Minimum of 2 years on the job knowledge regarding
- Quality assurance (processes & reviews)
- Verification & validation (software)
- Minimum of 2 years on the job experience with following techniques: FMECA, FTA, PHA, Hazard Logs
- RAMS relevant standards (IEEE-1483, MIL-882, IEC-61508, MIL-217)
- Hands-on knowledge of Interface Hazard Analysis (EN50159)
- Collaboration and management skills
- Experience in writing and reviewing technical reports
- Railroad operational experience
- Strategic thinking
- Different management styles
- Working in an international environment
- Customer interaction
- Relationship with legal authorities
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a RAMS Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.