Product Management Manager- Digital Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 233295
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
At Siemens Mobility we live and champion an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience and we are all united and dedicated to producing excellence ourselves and bringing it out in others. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting environment? If so, we can't wait to Welcome you!.
What we are looking for
Are you a highly motivated and ambitious product manager with strong technical and analytical abilities capable of working independently and collaboratively to build new and creative digital products for our rail and rail infrastructure markets? As our Product Manager for Digital Services, you will have the opportunity to curate core application developments, cloud-based and agile, to prove out concepts which enrich our product portfolio and drive the growth of our digital services business. You will own all aspects of the new digital product / software development, including market assessment, customer demand, pricing strategy, product development process, commercialization, continuous integration and software delivery.
Here is what you will be doing
- Bring to bear an excellent knowledge base to drive and pivot as needed to ideate and industrialize market specific software products.
- Partner closely with Sponsors (Global Sales, Global Operations, Technology Innovation and Regional Business) in driving the overall product design and development strategy.
- Develop current and future roadmap for the standout product and enumerate the business case / benefits of developing and taking software of interest to the market.
- Evangelize true user-centered method throughout the user community (internal & external).
- Monitor standard methodologies over the digital space in order to find opportunities and new technologies.
- Develop a working knowledge of high performance web application and development: full stack technologies, infrastructure, container and virtual machines to position Siemens for success in the future.
- Own customer engagement for digital product with thorough knowledge of the specific digital product. Establish yourself as the subject matter authoritative on the product, willing and able to answer both internal and external questions on product applicability, scalability and roadmap.
- Communicate the market status for Digital Rail services in select segments (e.g. Urban transport, Infrastructure, class 1 railroads)
- Define requirements from customer feedback and other analysis
- Design, and develop a product portfolio that is aligned with the Siemens Digital Services North America strategy
- Collaborate with the leadership of Digital Services North America to integrate the portfolio and related activities
- Crates value based partnership with sales representatives and account owners
- Represent Digital Services in pre-sales and technical meetings and discussions with our clients
- Support sales and marketing for system proposals and offers.
- Supports customer/sales projects e.g. Proof of Concept (PoC)
- Lead the development of the necessary building blocks for a comprehensive product offering
- Deliver a deployable product based on the requirements
- Ensures quality of products and services following the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management process.
- Aligns with product management processes with Development achievements, Release plans, Resource plans and tracks costs and resource utilization
- Works closely with Siemens Digital Service HQ in Germany
- Runs the production environment of the service delivery (Databases, Webservers etc.)
- Collaborates with Procurement to develop material specifications for vendor and suppliers when required
What you will need to succeed in this role
- 5-8 years successful in digital solutions related to mobility or industrial applications
- Track record of running a product development team or function
- Experience in testing, QA, software release management
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Ease with collaborating in a complex environment, matrix structures and lean start-up techniques
- A history of successful product launches
- Coding experience (e.g. Python, “R”)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- The ability to work in the United States
We would love it if you have this in your background
- Experience working in a project environment in industries (e.g. rail systems, utility transmission systems, industrial mechanical structures).
- Knowledge of reliability and asset management
- Knowledge of Rail Standards and Interfaces
- Knowledge of Siemens Mobility products
- Honed presentation abilities
- Sales experience
- Agile, Lean Startup methodologies
- German and other language skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.