J-1 Intern - Automation Runtime Systems Automation Specialist
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 233306
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: No
J-1 Intern - Automation Runtime Systems Automation Specialist systems
Are you interested in driving the revolution from automated to autonomous systems in real industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our research group Automation Runtime Systems located in Princeton, NJ, for a 5 – 9-month internship, and investigate new planning and scheduling building blocks for autonomous systems in diverse application areas such as advanced manufacturing in smart factories, smart grid, intelligent transportation systems, and robotics. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for international students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment in the US.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute to industrial research projects on planning and scheduling for autonomous systems with applications in manufacturing and/or power systems
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of planning and scheduling
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current MS or PHD (preferred) student in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Profound knowledge of different planning and scheduling concepts
- Experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- Good programming knowledge in MATLAB, C and C++, e.g. writing reusable code
- Knowledge of Automation tools like Step 7, TIA
- Practical experience in research on planning and scheduling
- Knowledge of advanced control concepts like model-predictive control preferred
- Domain knowledge in manufacturing or power systems preferred
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic,
interdisciplinary team of experts
candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US
Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern
the distribution of strategically important technology, services and
information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require
candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit
information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply
with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on
the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Please note: This posting is for J-1 International Intern candidates only as part of the Exchange Visitor Program. Accepted interns will be required to apply for J-1 visa sponsorship through our provider. You will need to provide evidence of your enrollment or graduation and will be responsible for a portion of visa fees including health insurance. If you are currently enrolled in a university in the United States and are interested in an internship with Siemens USA, please view and apply to our other internship opportunities.