Development Engineering Manager
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 233318
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
You will be responsible for the product qualification management and execution for all Airfoil and Small Parts product development at the Winston Service Center. Key focus is to lead the technical team and the process to meet qualification schedules and deliver completed processes to production. In this role, you will also focus on future technologies, equipment, and processes to ensure WSC remains successful with new product and process qualifications.
- Designs the definition of the most complex projects, selecting sources and monitoring results.
- Designs processes and technical support to production, marketing, sales, and/or other departments.
- Runs and leads project organization, definition, planning, implementation and control.
- Designs and runs technical standards, and leads the development technology design theory and procedures.
- Leads multi-functional initiatives to develop specifications reflecting user requirements and business criteria.
You will have the following to be successful in this position:
- 5-8 years manufacturing experience
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and strong analytical skills
- Experience with Airfoil Machining or Milling/Turning applications is helpful
- Previous managerial experience is helpful
- Knowledge of advanced programming methods (NX) and Lean Six Sigma certifications a plus
- Achieved a BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Specifically you have accumulated 5-8+ years manufacturing, including experience in Airfoil Machining and Milling/Turning operations.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.