Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - Higher Education - Tampa or Orlando, FL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233324
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Tampa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
The Account Executive supports the Building Performance
and Sustainability (BPS) segment within Siemens Building Technologies. The
primary responsibility of the Account Executive is selling energy and building
infrastructure solutions offered by the BPS business segment. The vertical
market focus for this position is Higher Education and some K12.
The BPS mission for Higher Education is to increase the value and competitiveness of our customers by delivering infrastructure solutions that; modernize the campus, enhance the learning environment, create operational efficiencies, enhance an institution’s financial position, mitigate future business risk, and promote the institution’s commitment to improving the environment.
The geographical territory for the position will be Florida. Ideally this position will be based out of the Tampa – Orlando, FL area, however other locations within Florida will also be considered.
- Develop a vertical market(s) and geographic account management with a strategic growth plan
- Attend industry specific networking events and actively participate in organizations as a representative for SIEMENS in the market
- Educate the market and customers on SIEMENS capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with SIEMENS solutions and services
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities
- Deliver on forecasted results consistently
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Identify, qualify, develop and sell complex energy and infrastructure solutions for customers within the private and public Higher Education and K12 markets.
- Individual should be a “hunter”
and have the ability to articulate his/her position and/or subject matter
clearly and concisely. The ability to formulate and sell high level
conceptual financial and technical ideas is critical.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement.
- 6+ years’ experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within similar industries such as Building Automation and Energy Efficiency is preferred, however, we will also consider talented sales professionals with technical and financial knowledge and related sales experience utilizing critical thinking and influencing skills within industries such as Software or Financial Services.
- Must be willing and available to travel 25% overnight for training and business development.
- Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Results and Achievement Orientation - possesses the continual drive to exceed goals and previous accomplishments. Demands quality and will not accept substandard performance from self and others
- Network Builder - possesses the ability to expand on existing relationships and create new relationships both internally and within the marketplace.
- Strategic Influence and Communication - possesses the ability to develop clear and specific rationales tailored to different internal groups and external customers. Predicts others’ concerns and objections and develops specific influence strategies to overcome them. Strong written and oral presentation skills are a must.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking - possesses the ability to identify current or potential barriers to meeting customer commitments and the solutions necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
- Negotiation Skills - possesses the ability to drive and achieve positive results through others.
As part of our recruiting process, if you are selected to move forward, our Talent Acquisition Recruiter will be reaching out to you to complete a digital interview. Our OnDemand Digital Interview will allow you to showcase your sales skills beyond your resume at your convenience!