Automation Support Engineer 3
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 233325
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Automation Support Engineer
The Headquarter Support Center (HSC) Automation engineer provides expert level service and support to the Regional Units primarily for problem management and for more complex incident management of issues escalated by the Regional support Centers (RSC).
· This role requires keen problem management and written skills to address and document technical issues that impact the Siemens laboratory automation portfolio. HSC is required to work collaboratively with cross functional partners to achieve a final solution and eliminate root cause.
· HSC is required to understand all aspects of Siemens Automation products to ensure troubleshooting, repair, issue identification in the form of non-conformance are escalated and processed correctly via Siemens quality complaint handling system.
· The Global Automation support engineer may respond to the most difficult automation problems either on site or through remote tools.
· The Global Automation support engineer is also the primary liaison between the RSC or DCU (Designated Complaint Unit), for problem clarification with R&D and/or OEM vendors for complaint investigation or confirmation processes.
· This position is in-house under Siemens Healthcare service organization for Laboratory Diagnostics (HC SV CS LD HSC) and reports directly to the manager of HSC Automation for Siemens DX. Requires passport or visa for international travel as needed.
Daily or monthly activities may include the following:
- Updating / managing complaints to determine if they are non-conformance or enhancement to ensure the proper process is used for solution generation.
- Creating and presenting data or information in a way that can drive a business decision to enhance or resolve a product problem identified through the complaint process.
- Preparing technical calls and hosting global conference calls, which may include presenting webinars to technical experts via remote conferencing.
- Creating / reviewing Product Support Troubleshooting Documentation (internal and external)
- Efficiently troubleshooting system level issues, including hardware, software, motor control (Drives) / pneumatics system, PLC / UPS / CAN / control panels.
- Using proactive tools or data sets to target accounts for remedial action and work cross functionally to formulate an action plan that is implemented by the local support organizations.
- Working directly with in-house and OEM R&D to ensure the solution will meet the service or end user’s needs.
- Designing and delivering advanced training workshops for 2nd level support engineers local or remote.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 4 year degree in a technical discipline, Engineering preferred.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience is required in Engineering / Support discipline. Healthcare Diagnostics is preferred.
- Experience with automation systems is a plus
- 5-20% travel may be required depending on skill level.
- Strong data analytics from a presentation and troubleshooting perspective.