Client Service Manager 1 - Building Automation - Rochester, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233332
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We are currently searching for a Client Service Manager to join our Rochester, NY office. This is a dynamic, multi-disciplined position where you will be responsible for customer satisfaction, business development, revenue and margin goals, and operations management. Your background in Real Estate, Energy Management, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering will drive your success in this challenging and exciting role.
General responsibilities include managing financial performance and customer satisfaction of all related scope and functions for assigned accounts plus the ability to identify, scope and sell (independently or in a team) additional solutions to your customers. Manage accounts for all assigned service customers providing outstanding customer satisfaction and retention. Strong communications skills go a long way, as well as above average experience with Microsoft Excel. Our team is close knit so a winning attitude is required. If you are searching for a career opportunity that will enable you to make a difference for your customer and support business growth – this is the role for you!
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Service Agreement planning and customer shutdown management for the execution of contracted scope.
- Identify, estimate & propose adds, upgrades, and escalations to assigned service contracts and to meet customer needs and improve system efficiency. Develops account strategies and sells independently or in a team environment.
- Leads quality assurance activities and may lead renewals on assigned accounts.
- Ensures agreement profitability through achieving plan gross margin levels, billing and collections, and effective cost containment procedures. Skilled at managing all internal accounting and revenue recognition systems and assists with revenue and staffing forecasting activities.
- Reviews all
labor related agreement estimates prior to customer proposal and booking.
May be required to assist in pricing decisions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- Typically 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel), Estimating, and other Service Related Tools.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Experience in control systems and HVAC applications preferred.
- Experience with SAP Business software preferred.
- Knowledge of HVAC engineering, programming and equipment preferred.