Customer Services Professional - Manufacturing Experience
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 233347
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Customer Service Representative. The candidate will review and process incoming orders, track and follow up on order status an answer inquiries concerning orders. The person will support sales and the customer via telephone, e-mail, etc. The candidate will report to the Busway Customer Service Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
- Process incoming orders to verify all information required to process the order is available.
- Respond to all inquiries internal and external concerning the Busway order.
- Provide routine technical support to External Customers and Sales Team.
- Assists in the coordination of activities with other internal departments to meet customer needs.
- Identifies and resolves semi-complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Professional communication to customers and sales force to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops technical suggestions to deliver solutions to Customers and Sales Team.
- Must have the ability to adapt for each customer.
- Use best practices, lessons learned and good judgment to identify potential issues with Customer incidents as they arise and report them.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
1. 2-5 years of successful experience in a Customer facing role in a manufacturing environment
2. Associate's degree is required, (higher is preferred)
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Must be independent and capable of effective time management.
5. Ability to adapt for each customer.
6. Strong computer skills.
1. Technical knowledge of Busway, Bus Plugs or other electrical products.
2. SAP experience is highly preferred.
3. Experience reading blueprints or CAD drawings is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.