HP Secondary Designer - AutoCAD Electrical (Will consider Entry Level)
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 233350
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Applicants do not need GIS experience, but do need a sound working knowledge of Auto Cad Electrical. Key internal working relationships for this position will be with the Engineering Manager, Lead Secondary Engineer, Project Managers, Procurement and Sales.
THIS IS A TRUE DESIGNER ROLE.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together
· Become familiar with customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens HP GIS Equipment to design appropriate GIS-product electrical control systems (LCCs) in a cost-effective and timely manner
· Work with the design team (such as control engineers, subcontractors or consultants) to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of LCCs. Typical documents include: Physical Layout, Bill of Material, AC&DC Control Schematics, CT/PT 3 Lines, Wiring Diagrams, Secondary Building Layout, Manufacturing Scope of Work, Local Alarm relay settings, and Interconnection Diagrams.
· Responds to clients’ requests and third-party coordination throughout project lifecycle to achieve objectives in a timely manner using observation, reports and meetings to assure proper integration of work procedures, project conformance, and utilization of personnel, equipment, and facilities.
· Prepares and verifies all design submittals and any manufacturing engineering changes follow customer specification, applicable customer requests, product compliance, and verifiable National Electrical Safety Code and ANSI/IEEE codes/standards.
· Notify the Engineering Manager / Lead Engineer and the Project Managers of any difficulties encountered in the design that may adversely impact safety, reliability, quality, cost, or schedule of the Siemens project deliverables, and provide recommendations for solutions.
· Maintains existing product line through periodic update and improvement of electrical and electronic controls.
· Coordinate and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test with customer and/or other Siemens units.
· Targets based on quality, on-time delivery, cost management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 2+ years of experience using Auto Cad electrical.
· 2+ years of experience using Micro-station (preferred).
· 2+ years of experience in electrical control environment
· Attention to safety, quality, and performance in a fast-paced environment with a customer-focused execution of tasks.
· Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
· Solid organization and interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
· Willing to travel 20% as need arises.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.