Senior System Architect - Charging Infrastructure
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 233373
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Senior Software Architect – E-Mobility High Power Chargers
Responsible for leading the system architecture and customer support activities for the main and backend software development, remote connectivity and customer experience interfaces for the Siemens DC Fast Charging products. Individual will help direct the technical vision throughout entire product life-cycle and supporting customer projects.
This role involves intensive and on-going customer interaction throughout the entire lifecycle of a project from the requirements phase, to the configuration and testing phases. The candidate must act as the technical leader on both project and product development, displaying the ability to successfully define and implement a quality solution.
- System architecture leadership for High Power Chargers centered around the Siemens TIA product portfolio, which includes S7 Automation Controllers, networking hardware and protocols for cloud computing, network security, Profinet/CAN/PLC communication, Internet of Things devices, and web/mobile connectivity.
- Lead enhancement of the controls and interfaces for electric charger architecture alongside strategic roadmap with cutting edge technology advancements and innovative solutions.
- Maintain an overall system vision by making technical decisions and keeping all stakeholders constantly up-to-date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Productize emerging technology trends for incorporation into the product portfolio.
- Drive technical design reviews within peer settings for all disciplines.
- Understand the voice of the customer and work closely with Product Management for road-map development.
- Mentor, influence, and coach team members to enhance engineering skills and achieve shared goals.
· Advanced knowledge in Electric Charging protocols and implementation of various standards, with demonstrated project involvement
· Experience with TIA Portal and SIMATIC automation platforms
· High proficiency in software programming, as well as demonstrated knowledge of other programming languages such as: Python, C++, Java, etc.
· Experience in Power Electronics and Controls
· Experience with battery technology or any type of energy storage, Solar PV or Microgrid applications.
· Experience with Grid codes and regulation, testing and certifying products for different EV Charging standards
This job requires travel between 25%-40%