Product Manager - Electronic Breakers
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 233390
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html
Were you ever involved in development of residential circuit breaker products or related Smart devices? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are in search of a motivated candidate for Electronic residential circuit breakers in the Low Voltage Products business unit of the Energy Management Division located in Norcross, GA. Sufficient knowledge of the residential construction market and an ability to work in a high paced environment will be keys to success for this role. This position will be accountable for setting short-term and long -term strategy, driving product development and life cycle management of circuit breakers. While this is an individual contributor role, you will be taking the lead in cross-functional teams as part of the product lifecycle management. Understanding and interpreting NEC Codes, UL Standards and other related codes and standards will be key to success in this role.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
You will be part of one of the fastest growing and profitable business unit in Siemens USA.
- Act as an entrepreneurial owner of your product portfolio
- Set business plans and drive activities to realize the targets
- Manage product lifecycle from gathering ideas to product realization, launch and phase outs.
- Drive cross-functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, and logistics/manufacturing for your product portfolio
- Create and maintain pricing and positioning for products within your area of responsibility, and drive the business results of the portfolio.
- Provide sales and operations teams with the necessary channel-specific value propositions and technical expertise to enable them to meet growth and revenue targets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. 4-6 years combined in Product Management, Engineering and/ or marketing of Circuit breakers.
2. Bachelors degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration.
3. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
4. Collaboration and teaming across different organizations and teams
5. Excellent Project Management skills.
6. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
7. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
8. Ability to travel 10%-20% domestic travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts simply and concisely.
2. Knowledge of Residential circuit breaker market
3. Basic understanding of financial concepts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.