Software Architect Labratory Diagnostic Instrumentation
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 233420
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers is looking for a Software Architect to join a team responsible for the design, development, integration, and test, of software applications in conjunction with hardware product development for a new Molecular Diagnostic instrument.
Complex software-intensive systems are at the core of Siemens’s business. Therefore, sustainable software architectures are essential for the success of our business. You will have the opportunity of being part of a startup effort early on, within a large organization. You will work with the Chief Architect, Development Manager and Team Leads to define and drive the software architecture and technology decisions for the entire product.
This position will report to Head of Software Development.
- Define and drive the software architecture for laboratory diagnostic instruments.
· Extract and analyze architecturally-significant requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, performance and cost constraints.
- Evaluate, architect, design, implement and integrate software modules that interface with hardware components.
- Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns.
- Make architecturally-significant design decisions at the right level of abstraction.
- Be aware of state-of-the-art software architecture methods, tools and trends.
- Write code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
- Produce application prototypes with sufficient detail to allow others in the development team to complete the development work.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team. Develop guidelines and enforce them with either automated or manual processes.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a software architect role.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience in impactful software products.
- Strong software design and architecture skills architecting large, complex and low latency systems.
- Experience developing simple and elegant software solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with embedded systems, complex instruments, equipment or devices.
- Expertise in building new software/systems, including assessing, selecting and integrating third-party software and services.
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and data structures.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, object-oriented design, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience in the use of design patterns and UML is required.
- Experience with data engineering and data analytics efforts.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong technical credentials with expertise in .NET, C#, C++, SQL, WinForms/WPF.
- Experience with various communication protocols (e.g. CANOpen).
- Experience working in cross-functional, Agile/Scrum teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
- BA/BS degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 20% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
- Universal Windows Platform (UWP) experience is a strong plus.
- Development experience with Real Time Operating Systems (μc os, FreeRTOS etc).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Git.