Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 233425
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges,
strengthening their competitiveness. For more information, please visit:
Responsible for assembly of laminated Rotor Core used in electric motors. Reports directly to the Rotor Department Supervisor. This position is in a collective bargaining Union and is a 2nd shift position. Must be willing to train on first shift until fully qualified.
· Perform all necessary Rotor Core building operations per drawing, Manufacturing Methods and work center instructions.
· Insert the shaft into the core and weld.
· Insert copper bars into the rotor core.
· Prepare rotor assembly for grinding and balancing (benching). This includes slot, clean, drill and taps holes, assemble rings and fans.
· Efficiently perform all operations necessary to insure core conforms to visual and functional customer requirements to drawing and/or specifications.
· Move cores from staging area to the next workstation.
· Check all materials and verify all relative information on core, dispose of all trash and scrap in designated containers.
· Visually inspect and accept or reject cores for material defects, etc
· Demonstrated ability to move and transport material using crane or hand truck.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to Rotor core assemblies.
- Ability to read a tape measure, scale, calipers, and micrometers
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to operate various powered hand tools – (drills, grinders, impact drivers, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience operating manual or CNC machine tools.