Risk Manager - Healthcare Real Estate
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 233431
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial
Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business to business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens
Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
As a Risk Manager you will be responsible for cradle-to-grave new business analysis and execution, portfolio management and other related tasks for Americas Project and Structured Finance risk management team. You will be responsible for reviewing and approving new real estate transactions within the prescribed lending limits, new business underwriting, ongoing portfolio management, credit and structure analysis and review of closed and funded transactions for SFS. You will provide leadership within a deal team and be responsible for managing the adherence to all mandated Credit Policies and Guidelines in the credit and structure analysis of prospective new transactions. You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the Industrial and Healthcare sectors, project financings, industry drivers and issues. Experience with highly structured real estate loans is preferred.
Essential Job Functions (necessary to perform job):
- Excellent analytical skills in commercial real estate industry, with an emphasis on healthcare commercial real estate.
- Extensive industry sector expertise with a strong understanding of all key industry risk drivers; including construction, asset appraisals, operations and maintenance, counterparty, contractual agreements, sponsor/equity, and market risks.
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret highly technical data and information, with the further ability to present the information in a clear, concise and non-technical manner to allow approval authorities to be able to efficiently reach a decision on prospective financing requests.
- As part of the ongoing review and monitoring process; gather and evaluate client information, compare to industry benchmarks, analyze third party information, assess risk and recommend credit levels, financing structures and documentation requirements within standards and following risk management policies;
- Lead deal packaging / submittal process by authoring/reviewing the Credit Report and other appropriate underwriting documents for approval or presentation to Investment and Credit Committees.
- Excellent cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to appropriately sensitize models. Strong ability to analyze and interpret cash flow model data. Appropriately analyze all projection assumptions and justifications. Conclude if projections are realistic and the ability for the borrower to attain projected results;
- Ensure all risk management guidelines are adhered to and exceptions documented;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Read and negotiate loan documents and loan terms with SFS borrowers
- Assist in the oversight of the documentation/contracting and funding/booking processes, including resolving any open items and ensuring all credit conditions are satisfied prior to funding;
- Be responsive and provide ongoing support to the sales, marketing and business development personnel;
- Develop strong working relationships with other operational disciplines
(Legal, Loan Operations, Asset Management, Collections, Tax, Accounting);
- Minimum 4-year college degree with a focus on Finance, Business Administration or Accounting. MBA preferred (or sufficient additional industry experience);
- 5-10 years underwriting and portfolio management experience, with minimum 5 years experience in commercial real estate credit analysis and portfolio management; Healthcare commercial real estate experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with real estate loan documentation, due diligence and closing processes.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating, underwriting and closing real estate acquisition and construction loans
- Completed formal bank credit training program is a plus;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive overall knowledge of credit, audit and portfolio management as well as a general understanding of new business development and loan administration;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management;
- High degree of customer focus;
- Excellent ability to operate in a high volume, time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus;
- High degree of flexibility, energy, and initiative;
- Excellent organization skills.