Embedded Software Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 233466
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This Electrical Engineer position reports to one of the Electrical Research and Development Managers and will primarily be responsible for Embedded Software Development for Siemens Molecular Imaging PET products. The development includes every aspect of the design process from generating requirements through integration of processors with FPGAs and other board peripherals and support for the entire product life cycle. The successful candidate will present a proven track record of contribution to products, projects and processes. This work will occur in the Electrical Research and Development department focused on embedded software, circuit board, FPGA, and custom ASIC designs.
· Embedded Software Design using C/C++ programming languages
· Board and System Level processor integration using IAR Development Environment
· Coordination with board and system level design engineers
· Documentation of new software command interfaces, features, and verification plans
· Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems.
Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design
Qualified candidate will have specific experience with lifecycle development of electronic hardware including:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering 1+ years of embedded software development
· Demonstrated excellence working with some of the following: embedded software development, Unix/Linux environments, application development, data engineering and analytics, and/or software verification and validation
· Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages for embedded Real Time Operation Systems (RTOS)
· Proficiency in software development processes for writing reliable/maintainable code with unit testing
· Knowledge of standard communications protocols such as I2C, SPI, RS-232, CAN and Ethernet
· Experience working in a team environment
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
· Willingness to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Occasional (5%) travel may be required
Masters Degree is a plus
Experience with FDA software development regulations for medical equipment
Demonstrated abilities in the development of FPGA code using VHDL and either Altera or Xilinx design tools