CAD Drafter and Graphic Art Designer - Building Technology - Des Moines
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233510
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Ankeny
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The successful candidate will create dynamic custom graphic packages used by our customers to interface with their building automation, fire alarm, and security systems.
- Use AutoCAD, Desigo CC, and other graphic design software so customers can monitor and control their SMART Buildings.
- -The Graphics Designer will design the customer’s graphical user interface including visual representations of campuses, data centers, commercial facilities, mechanical systems, electrical systems, floor plans and the related infrastructure.
- Graphics will follow Siemens standards and meet customer requirements.
• Developing graphic backgrounds for projects from engineering submittals
• Adding dynamics and point block information to graphics in Desigo CC
• Assist in the development account based graphic standards for the zone based on best practices and customer requirements.
• Incorporate functionality of software into Graphical User interface to deliver enhanced capabilities for end users
• Product expertise on multiple graphic interface programs
• Will work within a team of graphics designers.
• Production of sales documents to promote graphic features and products
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in graphics design, ACAD, drafting or 2+ years of relevant vocational training preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Good relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements.
- Must be able to think creatively to produce designs that will meet project specifications.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S, without the need for current or future sponsorship.