Sr. Sales Executive - Fire Alarm Service Sales - Charlotte, NC
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233522
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
- No cap commission structure will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Leverage of the Siemens Building Technologies Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and company vehicle with gas card, all of which start from Day One of employment.
- Quick ramp-up time with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
- Develops new and existing business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Building Technologies solutions in their facilities. Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives of utilizing Siemens solutions. Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include C-Level executives, VP of Operations, and Directors of Facilities. Responsible to maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships. Work directly with existing account building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment and extend the life of mechanical and electrical distribution equipment.
- Develops and strengthens new and existing business relationships with Electrical Contractors, Engineers, General Contractors and End User Influencers to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens BAS Solutions Package to meet design intent.. Typical decision maker contacts consist of C-Suite, Facility Directors, Estimators, and Design Engineers.
- Perform sales of access control, intrusion and CCTV systems
- Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale
- Prospect for and qualify new construction opportunities
- Influence new construction specifications through engineering relationships and educational lunch and learn presentations
- Develop and execute strategic sales strategies including end-users, developers, consulting engineers, and contractors
- Develop a vertical market(s) and geographic account management with a strategic growth plan
- Attend industry specific networking events and actively participate in organizations as a representative for SIEMENS in the market
- Educate the market and customers on SIEMENS capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with SIEMENS solutions and services
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities
- Deliver on forecasted results consistently
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- When managing current accounts, develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for clients.
- Must have desire to win new business outside of existing customer base, while expanding the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings (BAS, Fire Alarm and Security Systems, HVAC Services including BAS, Mechanical, Electrical and Energy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within similar industries such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security, and Energy Efficiency is preferred, however, we will also consider talented sales professionals with technical and financial expertise and related sales experience utilizing critical thinking and influencing skills within industries such as Software or Financial Services.
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners and general/electrical/mechanical contractors strongly desired.
- Must be willing and available to travel 15% overnight for training and business development.
- Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.