Sales Executive-ESPC State and Local Government – Northern California
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233528
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
We have an immediate need for a Sales Executive for Energy Savings Performance Contracting in the Pacific Region! The Sales Executive can be located in the San Francisco or Sacramento metro areas. This is an Entry Level position to our Sales group and one in which you will be developed into successful Sales Executive
The Sales Executive, ESPC will develop and execute an overall strategy to grow Siemens’ ESPC business with the State and Local Governments with the objective of increasing long term value for Siemens.
The primary purpose of the Sales Executive position is to generate new ESPC business in Northern California by utilizing a consultative sales approach to develop leads and relationships with potential clients leading to new revenue business with appropriate gross margins. Sales Executives must discover and understand State and Local Government customers’ needs and concerns and, working closely with the operations team, translate those into feasible, installable solutions. Sales Executives communicate directly with both the company’s and the prospective customers’ leadership, engineers, project managers, contract specialists, and other technical representatives. In addition, Sales Executives will be involved in development of financial solutions for the customer and engaging market segment customer leadership to understand strategic opportunities as input to the state and local government vertical market long term plans and targets.
- Prospect for new State and Local Government business, including presenting white papers and business briefings; participate in energy working groups and professional organizations; work trade shows, researching via publications and the Web; make cold calls and more.
- Develop thorough knowledge of State and Local Government energy and renewable energy goals and strategy; and structure, opportunities, trends, and issues.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to cultivate effective business relationships, identify customer needs, and communicate full scope of solutions to meet State and Local Government customer business goals while achieving sales objectives, volume, and market share.
- Open communication lines with customer to understand needs and concerns and ensure that our solutions are in accordance with their goals
- Meet standards for activities and results, including gross margin dollar goals
- Prepare and present professional proposals addressing all of the customers’ needs and concerns (including a financial proposal).
- Maintains customer contact throughout the installation period to meeting any additional needs and resolving concerns that may arise.
- Maintains proper documentation and produces required reports.
- Monitor account plan progress--including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity.
- Coordinate with government regulatory agencies when required.
- Occasionally help analyze customer’s infrastructure.
- Develop a thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by State and Local Government clients, with strong ideas and approach for helping address and overcome these through comprehensive, mutually-beneficial partnerships.
- Be well networked with client decision makers, and involved in trade organizations and professional groups associated with State and Local Government
- Effectively complete needs assessment, financial justification, and related proposals and presentations. Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing.
- Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain client commitment.
- Follow through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensure smooth sales-to-operations turnover. Assist in resolving, collections, and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Prepare accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
- Participate in civic and professional organizations, workshops, and seminars. Keep current on market and business trends.
- Understand and explain the correlation between market drives, business objectives, and operational issues as they relate to value propositions while applying this knowledge as a strategic sales coach to create account strategies.
- Continue to acquire deeper selling, technical, and financial skills.
- Under limited supervision, manage and grow assigned territory or group of accounts.
- Develop and implement plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
- Develop and deploys account strategies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Requires a 1 year of executive consultative Performance Contracting sales experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Energy & Sustainability, Energy, or Sustainable Energy.
- Requires related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use, contractual, and financial concepts.
- Required travel: 40%
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at Siemens, as well as with external organizations and customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to compose and write proposals, reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Effective and successful consultative sales development, negotiation, and closing techniques
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
- Other requirements:
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States without the need for current or future work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Existing experience with infrastructure, construction, engineering or technology sales.
- Experience in working with local government business partners to design, deliver, and service the best solution or combination of solutions for the (state, city and/or county).
- Experience selling complex solutions to municipal: mayors, city managers, elected officials, public works and financial leadership buyers.
- Experience working with ESPC contract vehicles
Candidates with success in Performance Contracting sales in local government, or candidates selling other types of complex solution sales to local government will receive preference