Vendor Credentialing Specialist
Business Unit: Business Administration
Requisition Number: 233531
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for administering, promoting and supporting vendor credentialing best practices and processes for our field based employees, which include solid understanding, interpretation and enforcement of vendor credentialing process.
• Handle day-to-day inquiries and requests related to vendor credentialing, including but not limited to account creation, registrations, membership renewals and deactivation, document uploads, resolution of account discrepancies and access issues with credentialing agencies and hospital customers.
• Communicate and interact with field based employees on process and provide all necessary documents.
• Maintain and organize all individual personnel credentialing files and databases needed for credentialing process.
• Maintenance, review & approval of exceptions to vendor credential Terms/Conditions, and communication of escalations to Contracts/Legal as required based on set guidelines.
• Serve as liaison between the Operations Support, field staff, Legal / Contracts to provide input on terms and conditions that are applicable to our credentialing program.
• Assist Contracts/Legal in facilitating exceptions to standard terms and conditions as needed within specified parameters.
• Support the maintenance & enhancement of process documentation and training materials.
• Administer routine credentialing related background/healthcare sanction check efforts.
• Negotiate pricing contracts with the applicable vendor credentialing organizations as needed
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or similar field or relevant work experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience in a corporate business administration role.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of business unit sales organizations and field sales operating practices.
• Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. PC system and internet savvy..
• Excellent attention-to-details.
• Ability to perform in-depth research independently.
• Proven strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand, and interpret contract documents, T’s & C’s, procedures, or regulations.
• Ability to draft business correspondence and procedural documents.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to contract-related questions from customers and other internal departments.
• Ability to work independently and with others to support strong team development.
• Be able to work effectively in an extremely fast-paced and high volume transactions environment.
• Strong aptitude for teamwork; ability to constructively address issues and facilitate timely resolution.
• Willingness and ability to accept and take on additional projects and responsibilities as requested.
• Ability to handle confidential material and information in an ethical and professional manner.
• Healthcare or medical device industry experience advantageous.
• Vendor credentialing experience a big plus.
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
• Drive for Results
• Teamwork / Collaboration.