STAR-CCM+ Applications Engineer - Advanced (CL)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233541
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens PLM software is seeking an Application Specialist to work on
areas of user experience, overall workflow and job execution.
Application Specialists liaise with other Product development groups
and members of the Product Delivery Team within Siemens PLM in order to
develop requirements and prove technology for new software that will
meet end-user expectations for a particular application area. The
technology areas of interest to this role include simulation
automation, resource allocation, organization and visualization of
complex simulations. The successful candidate will pioneer the use of
the latest enhancements within Siemens PLM flagship product STAR-CCM+.
Extensive previous experience of STAR-CCM+ operating in a sophisticated
engineering environment is required, preferably at a large company.
Exposure, as a user, to typical HPC cluster architecture and queuing
systems would be advantageous. The role reports to the Manager,
Technology Application within the Simulation and Test services group of
• Investigate and report on the suitability of our software to fulfil
agreed use case scenarios, focused on the themes highlighted above, and
covering a range of exemplar applications.
• Translate identified deficiencies and new requirements into needed
features in support of development activities.
• Prove advanced features in developmentversions of the code in
support of Development Leads
•Awareness of competitive offerings to determine best in class
approaches, and to benchmark our own code
• Provide training and guidance to our technical Sales team and Product
Management to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in an
Engineering discipline or other closely related field
● A strong background and interest in large simulation workflows,
simulation automation & compute clusters/job submission
● Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ is a must have (3+ years).
● Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to prioritise multiple projects
● Critical thinking and attention to detail
● Good organisational skills
● Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Java programming skills
• Experience in a linux environment
• Experience with post processing tools like ParaView, VisIt, Ensight
• Exposure to cloud offerings in the engineering simulation domain
• Knowledge of cloud computing and big data
Learn more about STAR-CCM+ by watching this great video!