Project Engineer- Indianapolis
Business Unit: Distributed Generation
Requisition Number: 233568
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
As a Project Engineer, you will lead the planning and governance of a small industrial gas turbine engine product line, ensuring technical and supply chain activities are fully integrated to meet program requirements. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading the projects to ensure the delivery of the integrated plan to meet customer, program and business requirements.
- Develop, manage and deliver the integrated program plan.
- Capture, understand, agree and document total requirements for the program.
- Establish a Program and deploy the project management plan to ensure the successful delivery and verification of all requirements in line with Product Development Plan (PDP).
- Manage the execution of the program sourcing and contracting in line with program requirements to support the master schedule.
- Represent the team at appropriate review gates and external customer reviews including Product Development Plan (PDP) engineering reviews, business reviews, Customer Reviews etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree
- 5-8 years industry experience
- Strong business relationship building within internal/external client
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team with minimal oversight
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to travel up to 20% a month within Domestic and International
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors -MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+years of industry experience
- Lean Six Sigma - Green/Black belt
- Experience authoring statements of work and managing contract resources
- Familiarity with managing a budget and forecasting resource needs
- International business experience
- Previous knowledge of gas turbines systems and gas turbine component manufacturing