Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 233571
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: No
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
- Support all production equipment and supporting processes to meet customer’s demands.
- Repair, PM, and monitor manufacturing equipment to include mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Reports directly to Process Sustainment Manager
- Diagnose varied and complex mechanical and electrical problems for diverse mechanical, pneumatic, CNC, servo driven, PLC, compressed air and process (paint, plating and waste treatment) equipment through direct examination using technical and practical knowledge.
- Understanding and use of technical OEM manuals and schematics, and consultation with OEM specialists.
- Identify and provide order information for the procurement and replacement of broken or defective parts.
- Safely install new components and make all necessary repairs and adjustments for operation in diverse conditions.
- Make recommendations for spare part inventory levels based on experience and knowledge of equipment, work order history, and service experience.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance duties in accordance with assignments generated through a CMMS schedule.
- Continuously improve process and reduce costs through the submission and completion of suggestions using the 3i process.
- Two year degree in Technical field, i.e. Mechatronics, Electronic Engineering Science
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, hydraulic diagrams, pneumatic diagrams and make decisions to repair or improve system
- PLC and Variable Frequency drive experience
- Manufacturing Facility support , i.e. HVAC, shipping doors, lighting systems
- no travel with the position
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Computer proficiency, i.e. networking protocols,
- Electroplating , waste treatment system support
- Siemens S7 PLC , HMI experience