Software Product Design Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233592
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Product Design Engineer role will be responsible for defining how products in
the Solid Edge Portfolio should work from an end-user point of view. This
position is on the Solid Edge Product Planning and Design team, part of
Mainstream Engineering within Siemens.
- Use your background in general engineering and mechanical design skills to research and define requirements for functional aspects of products in the Solid Edge Portfolio.
- Work with existing and prospective customers to understand and address their needs and productivity goals.
- Work with product development teams and partners to solve complex technical issues and product improvements that can surpass competitive products in the area of design automation.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- In this role, you will need creative and analytic thinking skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an aptitude to relate to customers and users.
- Candidate should possess a positive and energetic attitude with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and to effectively communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering,
or a degree in technology with equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of relevant experience or graduating students with outstanding academics may apply.
- A working knowledge of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products is required.
Work Eligibility: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- Experience with professional Mechanical Design products such as Solid Edge, NX, SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk Inventor or PTC Creo is desirable.
- Knowledge of software life cycle methods or experience working on an Agile/Scrum team is a plus.