Java Software Developer
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 233615
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
You will be part of a team that designs and supports the Siemens vision for North American Rail Automation. Your tasks will include design and development of the second-generation dispatch system for NYCT. With more than 5 million daily customers and 24-7 operation, this position gives you the opportunity to work on one of the most complex and dynamic subway systems in the world.
Your daily activities will cover all aspects of requirements engineering, design, development, test, documentation, V&V, support and software maintenance services for this system.
- Design, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software
- Develop software and test requirements for modules under development, executes test specifications
- Provides estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work
- Contributes to reviews of customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements
- Contributes to the software quality process through the execution of very complex module, subsystem and system test procedures
- Take leadership initiatives in software development projects
- BS Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering in an Agile Environment, Analyzing Information, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to develop high quality software in Java
- Ability to review and debug code
- Ability to professionally interface with peers and senior management
- Ability to lead and mentor other developers
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Java 8 (including JavaFX and lambdas)
- Experience with JUnit and mocking frameworks (e.g. Mockito)
- Experience with JMS
- Experience with the version control system git
- Experience in a continuous integration environment
- Experience in estimating software development efforts
- Deep understanding of complex software topics such as multithreading and inter-process communication asynchronicity
- Experience with development and maintenance of legacy systems
- Experience with Industrial control systems with hot-standby redundancy
- Experience with IntelliJ
- Experience with ActiveMQ
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with industrial control platforms
- Knowledge in railroad domain
- Ability to write and assist in technical documentation
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.