Exciting upcoming opportunity in the technical operations group to lead the technical operations and product support activities for Atellica and ADVIA consumables manufacturing.
- Siemens’ Healthcare Sector is one of the world’s largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, medical information technology and hearing aids. Siemens - Healthcare offers its customers products and solutions for the entire lifecycle of patient care – from prevention and early detection, to diagnosis, treatment, and aftercare.
- This position will serve as a technical lead in the Technical Operations group that provides support for Atellica and ADVIA assays manufactured at Glasgow and procured from OEM vendors.
- The position will have responsibilities for carrying out manufacture activities, maintaining supply chain, product support activities, design transfer, customer complaints and trouble shooting.
- Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of clinical chemistry and immunochemistry assays to serve in this roll.
- As a member of the technical operations group you will provides technical support during internal and external audits and leads element teams during product transfer activities.
- Support Atellica and ADVIA methods as lead method chemist and provide support
- Lead/participate cross-functional teams for projects (design and process change projects) for Atellica and ADVIA products
- Lead investigations, escalated customer complaints and manufacturing issues. Coordinate activities related to these task and implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Develops and participates in design of experiments and provides technical support to procurement, production, marketing, sales, and/or other departments.
- Coordinate and performs validations and verifications activities following written protocols, prepares validation documentation and/or test results writes reports
- Participate/leads cross-functional initiatives to develop complex specifications (vendor or product) reflecting user requirements and business criteria.
- Works with OEM suppliers as a technical lead. Support developing and maintaining raw materials specifications with external vendors as needed.
- Completes a wide variety of technical assignments, QC and calibrators value assignments, report writing, updating manufacturing procedures, reviewing and approving documents.
-Work in the laboratory as needed for running Atellica or ADVIA analyzers with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin
- A successful candidate will have advanced education (BS, MS or Ph.D) and 2 to 5 years of experience related to biochemistry, chemistry, clinical chemistry, and/or medical diagnostics.
- Diagnostic industry experience is preferred or related chemistry/biology experience in a directly related field, or clinical lab experience.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for laboratory and manufacturing setting. Should have basic statistical knowledge to perform technical task.
- Ideal candidate should have knowledge of complex reagent production and immunoassay mechanisms, be a strong problem solver and have good interpersonal skills to drive project closure.
- Advance degree and post-doctoral research experience encouraged to apply.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and ExperienceBS/BA in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with 5+ years of experience. Advanced degrees in related discipline, chemistry or biology preferred. Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of chemistry and immunoassay through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of assay trouble shooting, performing investigations, leading multi-functional teams, and working in a fast pace environment. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.