Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 233653
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Statistically test the integrity of the manufacturing and distribution inventory stock balances in support of the semi-annual physical audit. Maintains customer service levels by identifying and resolving practices or policies that are responsible for inventory discrepancies. Provides statistical data and reports to management.
- Analyzes inventory cycle count sheets, identifies errors, initiates corrective action and makes necessary adjustments.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate queries and reports from the WMS to support inventory control activity, analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate the cycle count progress and results to identify necessary recounts and processes to be monitored and provide regular reports on the results.
- Analyze Daily Open Delivery Reports and resolve/post the deliveries the same day.
- Be the point of contact for internal customers to investigate and communicate shipping errors in a timely manner.
- Investigate user requested inventory discrepancy sheets, identifies errors, initiates corrective action and makes necessary adjustments.
- Monitors inventory holding location reports and follows up with the responsible departments to make sure that the data is valid and up to date.
- Support the warehouse to achieve Performance Metrics – reliability, capability, compliance & warehouse. Analyze and report on metrics and recommend ways to improve the inventory control function.
- Train system users on the correct policies and procedures to maintain or improve system integrity.
- Attend meetings and provide statistical reports indentifying current inventory accuracy and pin pointing areas of concern causing system imbalances.
Required knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate Degree or 3 to 5 years experience in inventory, distribution and operational procedures
- Experience with SAP- Warehouse Management System is strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of distribution environments, including purchasing, inventory and warehouse operations
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access
- Experienced or licensed to drive warehouse forklift- order picker and reach trucks will be desirable.