Field Service Technician
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 233667
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Customer Service Engineer is a field-based, customer-facing role that primarily installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens imaging equipment at customer sites. Our CSE's represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer.
The Customer Service Engineer reports to the Regional Service Manager at Siemens Medical Solutions.
Our Customer Service Engineer will perform service, preventative maintenance and modifications on MR, CT, & PET equipment at customer sites with minimal supervision. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
• Strong electronics and computer background needed
• Previous experience with the following required: MR, CT, & PET equipment
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required
• Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting
• Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required
• Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification
*Must be fluid Spanish and English
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and experience:
Technical Associates degree or equivalent experience