Sr. Staff Product Engineer
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 233679
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Responsible for managing the interface between new product development and subsequent manufacturing and distribution. The New Product Introduction Engineer will represent the Supply Chain and Manufacturing activities of medical device related product development projects as part of the product core team. Responsible for identification and implementation of SC&M best practices across all projects managed, their activities include the support of R&D design efforts with a focus on supply chain stability, ease of manufacturability, cost optimization and support of the development of project plans for the implementation of instrument and software products into both internal and external manufacturing operations. Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience (minimum 10 yrs) working in a manufacturing environment with a focus on new product introduction and close cooperation with Product Development. At least 5 years in regulated (ISO, FDA) manufacturing environment
- Project management experience (minimum 5 yrs).
- Demonstrated experience in establishing supply chain strategies (manufacturing, procurement and logistics) and their implementation both personally and through cross functional activities with Procurement and Logistics
- Experience with design & manufacturing tools & principles involved in the production of precision devices, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of high quality goods such as “Lean” and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Experience in the development and implementation of test equipment both internally and externally.
Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems. Ability to Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Regulatory functions. Must have good verbal and written communications and presentation skills. Can work independently in a fast paced new product development environment.
BSXE with 12+ years related experience or MSXE with 10+ year’s related experience.