Manufacturing Engineer - CNC Programming
Business Unit: Steam Turbines
Requisition Number: 233680
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
- Review DWGs, specs, and other inputs to establish machining operations and tool paths to manufacture predominantly medium-sized components on multi-axis milling machines, turning machines, and mill-turn machines.
- Produce NC programming, determine necessary tooling, and establish part set-up in machining centers
- Optimize tooling and machining processes to meet manufacturing requirements and manage budgets.
- Use experience and ingenuity to determine complex manufacturing processes on both repeatable part production and specialized component machining
- Develop, improve, and document processes for machining predominantly medium-sized components on multi-axis milling machines, turning machines, and mill-turn machines
- Work with machinists in resolving complex manufacturing opportunities on components requiring high precision.
- Ensure safety, quality, and efficiency in all aspects of the job.
- Associates Degree
- 5-8 years’ experience with CAM / NC Programming
- 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience in a machine shop environment
- Knowledge of tooling selection and use (Feed, Speeds, HP)
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to troubleshoot issues (tooling, program, machine) as they arise
- Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse teams
- Ability to lead / interact with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing manufacturing information flow.
- Ability to work with close tolerance machining on large projects.
- Develop annual business project plans to ensure synchronization with the department budget and the ROI plan of work centers
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Background in various CNC Machine Controls and Programming
- Project management or team leadership experience with demonstrated delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
- Facility and Maintenance interfaces and experienced in the aspects of Preventative Maintenance
- Experience in developing cost quotations, ROI analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)