Project Mgmt Office (PMO)Prof.
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 233691
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies (BT) has an opening for an Associated Project Manager in NJ / NY Area for managing Electrical projects and contracts in the New Jersey and New York Area. This individual will be responsible for participating in Electrical Service project and contract pre-bid cost reviews and all turnover meetings throughout the lifecycle of the work. Revenue responsibility is approximately 1M per year. The quantity of projects and contracts managed will vary. In addition, the Associated Project Manager develops project and contract plans, monitors progress, and procures subcontractors while maintaining budgets.
General responsibilities will include:
· The leadership of client meetings and development of Electrical contracts to help sales, and maintains positive
relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
· Help the Project Team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects.
· Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and Electrical codes to determine project requirements.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
· Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control
· Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes
payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other
· Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built
drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all
· Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion
· Manage internal resources to exceed customer expectations while ensuring all contractual scope work is completed
on time and within estimates and budgets.
· Interface and communicate with our customers for Customer Loyalty and Quality Assurance activities. Communicate
progress / status internally, create and execute improvement plans based on customer feedback.
· Manage financial aspects of our projects and contracts ensuring continued profitability and cost containment for
Siemens while ensuring our customers perceive the value of the services we provide.
· Oversees the engineering job process to include coordination with controls engineering team activities.
· Responsible for the material procurement and planning process for the projects assigned. In addition the ability to
select and order appropriate materials.
· Monitors material usage, cost, and inventory
· Mobilizes Subcontractors and Vendors
· Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to mobilize of our work is timely and
cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks.
· Manages subcontractors
· Ensures the profitability of each project or task
· Implement “AIA” document billings on all projects.
· Effectively manages cash, cost, and billing.
· Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in a format required by our customers and ensures
that Billings are clearly communicated to our customers.
· Maintains positive cash flow
· Adhere to specifications, codes, material, installation techniques and safety activities. Responsible for customer
approval of detailed job submittals created for the project.
· Plans and monitors the commissioning and checkout of systems before release to the owner/operator.
· Ensures job documentation is complete.
· Properly assigns technical resources for problem resolutions.
· Proactively evaluates potential problems on the job and initiates action to limit negative outcomes.
· Field survey customer’s systems during or before installation and, for areas of improvement.
· Estimates and secures construction and directive change orders.
· Pursues and estimate Change Orders for equitable adjustments to contracts.
· Adheres to project and corporate safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical technical field preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Electrical Degree or equivalent with
an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered
• Strong knowledge of Electrical equipment, experience with electrical testing equipment for Low and Medium voltage and familiar with the NEC .
• Excellent contracting skills
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in
a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.