Staff Product Engineer
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233711
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Are you a seasoned problem solver looking to join a fast paced medical device manufacturer? Do you love being part of a dynamic manufacturing organization with a continuous improvement focus? Are you an engineer who loves manufacturing and can logically tackle/improve ever evolving production problems? We are looking to hire an engineer who is self-motivated, disciplined, and drives solutions to the most complex manufacturing issues in a team based environment.
- The product engineer is responsible for working with suppliers to develop and optimize tooling and manufacturing processes
- Maintain detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs, and very complex improvements, subsequently driving there implementation.
- Improve productivity by generating cost savings ideas, implementing improvement projects, and realizing/monitoring savings.
- Drives review of results and application of root cause analysis tools to determine that products perform in the intended manner.
- Works directly with suppliers to implement product stability and cost savings activities.
- Collaborate closely with Procurement to coordinate Early Supplier Involvement and input into design to achieve manufacturability and target cost
- Work with Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics, Testers to ensure product readiness for volume production
- Achieve on time delivery of key milestone
- Collaborate with related business partners
- Solve complex problems through systematic problem solving and statistical analysis
- Drive cross functional solutions that address systemic problems – ability to think and visualize problems in an assembly environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering Field
- 10-15 Years’ experience in Medical Device Development or Manufacturing
- Experience with tools and principles to maximize the effective manufacture of high quality goods such as “Design To Cost”, “Early Supplier Involvement”, “Design For Manufacturing and Assembly”
- Medical Device, or other FDA regulated field
- 10% Travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
- Project Management Certification, a plus
- SAP experience, a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.