Director, Federal Contracts
Business Unit: Legal
Requisition Number: 233712
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global med-tech company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit:
The Director, Federal Contracts will have lead responsibility for executing best contract management practices and procedures for the sale and maintenance of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics equipment and reagents, medical software and related services to federal customers. The scope of this role includes managing the complex relationship with the key government contracting officers at the Defense Logistics Agency and Department of Veterans Affairs, identifying and implementing appropriate processes, policies and controls designed to ensure compliance with government contracting requirements, providing guidance and assistance to Company management on doing business with the federal government under all federal government contracts, including IDIQ and Federal Supply Schedules, and serving as team lead of the federal contract managers who handle government purchase orders and modifications. The Director, Federal Contracts will work closely with the Counsel, Federal Government Business to ensure compliance with the Company’s federal contract requirements, including reviewing existing contracting policies and procedures for the tracking and administration of the Company’s prime contracts. This position will report to the VP, Legal – Operational Solutions and Services.
· Serve as team lead for small team of federal contracts managers in managing orders and modifications under IDIQ and FSS contracts.
· Identify and implement best practices for contract administration and performance to maximize efficiency of contract/purchase order administration.
· Serve as primary point of contact with senior contracting officers at DLA and VA on the Company’s contracts.
· Administer and manage complex federal contracts, primarily IDIQ and FSS prime contracts.
· Work closely with Counsel, Federal Government Business to provide guidance to Company management regarding Federal Contracts policy, laws and regulations and unusual government contract situations.
· Perform government order and contract analysis, respond to internal requests regarding the status of purchase orders and modifications.
· Participate in development of proposals, contracts and programs, working with the Company’s sales and finance staff.
· Oversee the execution of proposals/contracts for specific business unit, maintenance of contract files and signature of agreements in accordance with corporate policies and contract requirements.
· Minimum ten (10) years of Federal Government contract administration experience involving wide variety of contract types (Fixed Price, IDIQ Task/Delivery Order, FSS - including GSA and VA schedule contracts, T&M, BPA and BOA) from contract award to closeout.
· Experience in administering contracts for sale of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics equipment, medical software and related products and services is highly preferred.
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and to allocate work among a team effectively in a highly matrixed, high-volume, fast-paced environment.
· Experience establishing and overseeing processes designed to ensure compliance with federal government contracting requirements.
· Must possess strong written and oral communications skills, especially with senior management and senior-level customers.
· Experience in contract negotiation, administration, teaming agreements, consulting agreements and other corporate legal documents such as non-disclosure and inter-company agreements.
· Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, VARS and federal laws and regulations, especially related to commercial and COTS items.
· Possess strong analytical skills.
· Ability to manage time and meet deadlines/schedules.
· Must have ability to coordinate multiple activities associated with complex contract generation and approvals.
BS/BA degree combined with a minimum of 10 years of Federal Government contracts experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
Requires consistency and reliability in ensuring team executes contract administration and management tasks in a fast-paced environment. Experience may be substituted for degree, where applicable.