Service Operations Team Leader - Building Automation
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233726
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Service Operations Supervisor to lead and direct our Service Team in the Central Florida area. This position is first-line supervisor position responsible for managing Service Field Specialists, Service Mechanics as well as specific Customer related tasks.
· Provides service expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements, and/or T&M work along with light technical knowledge
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
· Works with Client Service Managers to ensure Customer satisfaction.
· Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
· Ensures T&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
· Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work
· Utilizes the service agreement low-GM improvement process, service tools, and assists in monthly forecasting.
· Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements
· Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
· Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
· Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
· Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling.
· Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to customer disruptions, to maximize our profitability and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
· Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
· Advises on training, development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
· Reviews Sales proposals for Service Contracts and Service Project proposals.
· Weekly timesheet review and approval
· Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 20%
- Required Experience:
- Minimum Five years of experience in Automation, Low-Voltage, Electrical, or similar trade.
- Minimum Three years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: College Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience:
- Project management experience preferred.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.