STAR-CCM+ Applications Engineer - Advanced (DA)- Gas Turbine Analysis
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233737
Primary Location: United States-New York-Melville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens PLM is seeking an Applications Engineer to work in the area of
gas turbine analysis. Applications Engineers liaise with end-users and
members of the Product Delivery Team in order to define a set of
requirements for new software that will meet end-user expectations for
a particular application area. For this role the application areas of
interest cover conjugate heat transfer, combustion, turbine and
compressor aero-performance and a wide range of multi-physics topics.
The successful candidate will pioneer the use of new technology and
workflows contained within Siemens PLM’s flagship product STAR-CCM+.
The role reports to the Emerging Applications Manager, Technology
Development within the Simulation and Test services group of Siemens
• Investigate and report on the suitability of our software for new
application areas within gas turbines by solving challenging simulation
• Translate new application requirements into needed features in
support of development activities.
• Prove advanced features in development versions of the code in
support of Development Leads
• Awareness of competitive offerings to determine feature sets for
given applications, and to benchmark our own code to understand
• Provide training and guidance to our Global Sales and Product
Management teams to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Thermal Power
and Fluids or Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field
• A strong background in the simulation and design of different types
of gas turbines for aerospace, marine or industrial applications
• Past industrial experience with simulation of gas turbines technology
• CFD and/or heat-mass transfer modeling experience in an industrial or
research environment using Finite Volume analyses for fluid flow
• Experience with turbomachinery design tools
• Ability to seek out experimental data and perform detailed benchmark
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability toprioritize multiple projects
• Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
• Good organizational skills
• Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD packages.
• Java and/or C++ programming skills
Want to learn more about Siemens PLM Software? Check-out this video!