Scientific Visualization - Software Engineer - Advanced - STAR-CCM+ (VC)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233738
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-New York-Melville, United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
This advanced level software development position requires expertise in computer graphics, user interface design, computational geometry, and ability to write high-quality C++ and java software applications for
• Develop innovative user interface design and implement state of the art visualization tools to improve the user experience of STAR-CCM+ customer base.
• Create, extend, and maintain well-designed, high-quality, robust, java and C++ software that performs well on web client and standard client-server computer architectures. This includes understanding
requirements, writing user stories, creating software designs, implementing Java and C++ code, writing technical documentation, participating in peer-based design and code reviews, and collaborating
with QA and documentation teams to deliver and maintain high quality code.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in hands-on coding and user interface design.
• Experience using OpenGL, WebGL, Vulkan, DirectX, VTK and other advanced computer graphics tools (3+ Years)
• Experience in designing user interface panel layouts. (3+ Years)
• Exposure to advanced rendering and other visualization tools. (3+Years)
• Ability to write cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ and java code.
• Ability to clearly communicate (verbally or in writing) complex technical issues in English.
• Ability to work on teams and collaborate with team members.
Preferred Expertise and Experience:
• Experience with commercial CAD and CAE software tools. (3+Years)
• User interface design related to CAD applications.
• Agile software development practices
• Java and C++ with Multi-threaded programming