Presales Manager II
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233741
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Primary Location: Troy, MI
Secondary Locations: Milford, OH/Detroit, MI/Chicago, IL or St. Louis, MO
PreSales Manager will organize and lead a presales team that is focused on defining and executing customer engagements to communicate Siemens solution value aligned to industry strategy. These team members will work with Sales Directors, Orchestrators, Portfolio, and Industry to define solution strategy and then lead customer engagements contributing both technical and value propositions. This individual will directly engage in customer engagements for high profile strategic accounts.
This position will report to the Director of PreSales for the US Industry Sales BU for Automotive & Transportation, Industrial Machinery & Heavy Equipment, and Energy & Process and will be responsible for managing a team of 8 PreSales Consultants
· Organize and lead selected pursuits including customer facing meetings, hands-on storyboarding, proposal development and technical and value focused presentations.
· Responsible for implementation of strategic Pre-sales initiatives by helping define strategic priorities and motivating Pre-sales teams to execute initiatives.
· Support and aide in execution of consultative and value added technical sales engagements, generating sales opportunities from both technical and value based propositions with influential contacts.
· Represent thought leadership of customer business needs and processes, and how our solutions (technically and business value) improve customer’s business operationally and financially per industry sub-segment.
· Provide direction to technical as well as business value teams providing the best team for winning a Siemens selection.
· In partnership with the sales directors, give review and input to sales pipeline and how pre-sales can impact.
· Coach and lead teams of technical resources propelling them to produce and perform to Siemens needs for selling PLM Software.
· Provide consultative direction on how our solutions can be demonstrated, presented and/or implemented to improve customer business operations and financial results per industry sub-segment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelors - Engineering, Computer science, Business, Marketing, Sales or equivalent experience
5+ Years of experience with Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software.
3+ Years of PreSales experience
3+ Years either as direct manager or team lead
Level of Supervision: Works under minimal supervision
Latitude for independent judgment
Comfortable and compelling in front of our customers
Travel up to 60%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MBA or Engineering Masters
- Specific Industry Experience