Software Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233746
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
position involves application development for Camstar’s Enterprise Platform
(CEP) within the Platform and Tools Team and interaction with members of the
Product Development, Process Owner, Technical Publications and QA teams. Tasks include feature implementation
including but not limited to detailed design documentation, programming,
debugging, unit testing, code review, bug repair and authoring supporting
The Advanced Software Engineer is accountable for designing, developing, and unit testing new and modified functionality within the CEP application with minimal guidance and often as the technical lead. They will be expected to provide input to the technical direction for one or more areas of the product. They are primarily responsible for supporting the overall tools and framework including Camstar Designer, Camstar Portal Studio, Application Server and UI Framework. They are responsible for delivering core functionality that reaches a high level of quality with minimal defects while adhering to the product specifications as outlined by Product Management and the Manager of Platform and Tools
· Generate Detailed Design requirements based on software functional requirements.
· Implement and test new functionality to support Camstar platform and framework functionality.
· Implement and test new functionality to support Camstar tool functionality.
· Implement and test new functionality as defined in Design documents. Features are implemented using Camstar’s proprietary “Designer” tool.
· Implement and test new functionality as defined in Design documents. Features are implemented using Camstar’s proprietary “Portal Studio” tool.
· Modifies and develops the components required ranging from simple to complex application features.
· Maintain development environments in a multiple branch software code management system.
· Assist configuration engineers in the build, release, and patch creation process.
· Investigate and resolve reported bugs.
· Perform reviews and approvals of other developer’s code.
· Interact with other development groups and QA as necessary.
· Interact with Agile product development team members.
· Provide technical advice and assistance as an Agile team member.
· Provide technical support to multiple teams including support.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
· 3+ years development in web based applications and architectures
· Multiple years’ experience developing tools, components, and platforms
· Excellent design, programming and debugging skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Expert knowledge of, and experience with C++ and C#
· Experience with databases (Oracle/SQL Server/DB2) and fluent in SQL.
· Experience with building and maintaining development tools.
· Strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for technical work.
· Development experience in complete product lifecycle.
· Experience on a software team developing commercial multi-user / mission critical applications.
· Experience in Manufacturing Execution System application development or deployment, or similar custom software.
· Experience with Web Services and WCF technologies.
· Comfortable with Web Based applications.
· Comfortable with HTML, DHTML, and XHTML.
· Comfortable with XML and XSLT.
· Working knowledge of NUnit or other unit testing framework.
· Experience with Source Control such as TFS
· Strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for work.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Visual Basic programming exposure
· Desired experience with User and Custom Web Controls
· Domain knowledge in manufacturing operations.
· Experience with software product management.
· Knowledge of Camstar Enterprise Platform.
· Expert knowledge of Web Services including Microsoft WCF Services.
· Expert knowledge of ASP.NET.
· Expert knowledge of C#.
· Expert knowledge of C++.
· Expert knowledge and experience in .Net technologies.
· Experience with developing user and custom web controls.
· Experience with SOAP.
· Strong background in database systems (Oracle/SQL Server).
· Desired experience with Silverlight development