Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 233752
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
For more information, please visit:
· This position plans and establishes production schedules through monitoring materials, inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors which may affect project schedules. Works to support the timely manufacturing, assembly and shipment of product in order to satisfy customer requirements and desired inventory levels for project operations.
- Plans and schedules orders based on material availability and production capacity using SAP and Excel spreadsheets to support customer requirements and factory goals.
- Improves Production Department capacity planning accuracy and facilitates all associated capacity planning meetings
- Provides master production/shipping schedule to facility with status (red, green, yellow)
- Drive requirements for Long Lead Items, Short Lead items, Material Take off items, and production material kits through SFM meetings, visualization and reporting
- Release of production orders on time to schedule and in accordance with customer demand
- Performs liaison activities with production and management team.
- Facilitate production planning using loading forecast and maintain within SAP
- Implement improved planning and scheduling techniques to increase productivity and efficiency
- Generate and utilize reporting to adjust production schedules as necessary and forecast production performance to budget
- Participate in LEAN Problem Solving Workshops and assist in implementation of corrective actions to ensure schedules are met
- Prepare and present periodic reports on metrics and key initiative projects
- Strong proficiency in SAP required
- Supports safety and quality goals throughout the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to prioritize and communicate requirements at all levels of the organization
- Ability to positively manage conflict, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Proficient office administration skills including copying, scanning, faxing, filing, and other administrative duties.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Strong computer skills including expertise in SAP, Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have high degree of integrity, discretion and judgment.
- Professional communication skills in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to acquire and analyze information from a variety of sources and formulate and carry out a plan of action to resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrated customer focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- APICS certification is a plus
- Five to eight years’ experience in related field in a manufacturing setting.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Knowledge of how push/pull systems are used
- Must have a successful track record of calmly resolving conflict in a way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships
- Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping and demonstrated experience with problem solving workshops