Business Unit: Risk Controlling
Requisition Number: 233774
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
We are seeking an energized Credit Analyst primarily in the field of Cash Flow Financing. Risk Controlling – Risk Rating is part of the SFS Risk Controlling function that is headquartered in Munich, Germany, which provides analytical expertise to all of SFS’s Business Units and SFS Management, globally.
Within Risk Controlling – Risk Rating Americas, you will evaluate the financial and business risks primarily of U.S. obligors across a wide range of industries. You will provide independent and highly competent risk assessments.
If you have a Finance, Accounting or Economics background and you are looking for a challenge in a very successful financial institution, review the job position description below and submit your application today.
Essential Job Function
· Provide management with the highest quality risk assessments, credit research and comprehensive analyses to ensure risk adequate pricing at all times
· Work closely with Risk Management in order to understand and evaluate the financial modeling to ensure that the Rating Output worksheet has provided accurate information critical for assigning a credit rating
· Competently support the success of the Risk Controlling – Risk Rating unit with excellent and significant obligor evaluations in a timely manner.
· Independently evaluate financial and business risks, primarily of obligors within the Cash Flow Financing business sector
· Prepare high quality rating reports for new lending opportunities as well as for existing portfolio obligors
· Present analyses for approval to the Team leader and/or the Head of Risk Control-Risk Rating Americas, as determined by the validity amount
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of the SFS rating methodologies and how they relate to the cash flow financing analysis
· Aid in the ongoing monitoring of the creditworthiness of portfolio obligors on a timely basis
· Develop strong relationships with Risk Management to improve and maintain an efficient rating process
· Judiciously recommend and approve obligor ratings within rating authority, once delegated
· Actively cross-train, amongst the various rating disciplines, in order to assist in other areas if called upon to do so
· 6-8 years of relevant work experience within the credit/rating analysis industry
· Bachelors' degree in either Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar field required.
· Excellent analytical capabilities, including financial statement analysis and knowledge of accounting
· Ability to work with financial models and their output
· Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
· Strong and clear oral and written communication skills
· Confident presentation skills, with a persuasive opinion
· Well organized with good time management skills, positively focused
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to efficiently work as a team player