Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233783
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
This position is in the Siemens Glasgow Technical Operations Department supporting the design transfer and manufacture of calibrators, controls and system fluids used on the Dimension, Dimension Vista, Atellica and other automated chemistry/immunoassay analyzers.
· Participates/investigates escalated customer complaints and manufacturing issues. Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions.
· Creates and participates in the design of experiments.
· Coordinates and performs data analysis and writes internal reports and documentation.
· Coordinates and performs material and process validations following written protocols, prepares validation and/or test results reports.
· May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
· May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials for use of manufacture of Chemistry/Immunoassay products.
· May work in the laboratory running Dimension, Dimension Vista, Atellica and other instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Medical Technology, Biology or related disciplines with 2-5 years of job-related experience. Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) may be substituted for experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience are desirable.
· Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA, chemiluminescent technology, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE, as well as, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Minitab and 6 Sigma are a plus.
· A strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
· A team player, be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs