Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 233802
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Troy, United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
As part of the Services team, lead the definition of the Services account strategy, facilitate and support the successful generation of revenue against financial goals derived through the Services delivery business across account portfolio. Build business relationships with the Siemens account team, Siemens delivery teams and Customer stakeholders aligned to SPL Country and Zone objectives.
Contribute and support business planning to accomplish goals of Services. Develop financially quantified Services proposals with moderate complexity for Customers and align with their business needs.
Expand and grow Services revenue in alignment with SPL Country level objectives. Provides direction in Services coverage and capacity resource planning and alignment with the Services delivery teams and
Customers, where medium sized teams are needed.
Works under self-management on Services opportunities of medium to high complexity scope. Provides guidance and mentoring across Vertical and Country boundaries to Engagement Architects.
Account Planning and Support
- Lead the definition of the Professional Services components of the Account Strategy
- Provide input to the Siemens product roadmaps as needed to support the account portfolio
- Develop and deliver industry content at regional groups and conferences in alignment with account portfolio
- Actively build relationships with the internal and external stakeholders specific to each account
- Contribute to the value planning activities with the Sales Account Manager, Portfolio Development and PreSales Business Development team
- Use commercial and business acumen to lead the robust review and handover of the desired solution ensuring that the defined project scope can be delivered within time, budget and quality goals
- Identify and engage with other Siemens team members as needed to support opportunity growth
- Determine and obtain concurrence for the customer specific Service engagement model and translate into the Statement of Work, adhering to global standards and legal requirements
- Regularly communicate with various levels of the Siemens and customer teams including executive level messages
- Develop the project scope definition using the Services Delivery Framework and tools
- Thoroughly define the project estimate using the Services Delivery Framework based estimating process
- Identify and convey the initial project risks including their assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies for projects of moderate complexity
- Maximize the resource options and costing model for the project/program (e.g. GDC, Partners, Contractors) in order to achieve efficiency for the customer and commercial viability for Siemens
- Prepare and review the detailed Statement of Work documentation and obtain Siemens’ and the customers’ acceptance
- Recognize the need for engagement with the Siemens legal, commercial and leadership teams to resolve customer engagement terms
- Lead the Services negotiation activities with the customer and clearly establish the conditions for project change
- Bridge the Gap between Sales and Professional Services delivery to meet and manage client expectations
- Work with Services Management to requests and assign appropriately skilled and experienced resources to fill key Siemens project positions for Project Management and, if required, Lead Architect for medium engagements, and ensure project onboarding is effectively achieved
- Support the Project Manager to engage and contract any required offshore, nearshore, partner, systems integrator, or contractor resources
- Participate as a committee member on customer committees for each active project and contribute to periodic account reviews such as Technical Review Boards (TRBs) and Management Review Boards (MRBs)
- Participate in project status review meetings
- Support the issue escalation process and ensure resolution progress for both project and commercial issues
- Ensure that customer product needs are communicated to Product Management team within the Product Development processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Engineering or Information Technology
- 7+ years Siemens PLM Experience
- 15+ years of PLM industry experience
- Required amount of travel is 50– 75%
- Location: Any Major U.S. City (preferred: Cleveland, Houston, Detroit, or Seattle)
- Knowledge of Siemens PLM portfolio, Advantage methodology, Project Management, Estimating Services SOWs, and negotiating skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 20+ years of PLM industry knowledge
- PMP Certification, understanding of configuration, or customization Best practices