Mechanical Engineer - Systems
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 233803
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
- To design and develop mechanical systems for gas turbine and compressor packages based on detailed customer requirements.
- Ensures that the highest engineering standards are maintained within the mechanical engineering department during the design and manufacture of these products.
- Reports to the mechanical engineering manager
- The role extends beyond traditional mechanical activities and covers process, instrumentation, structural, piping, and hazard analysis (HAZOP and HSE) aspects of the system design/assembly.
- Troubleshoots and understands gas turbine, compressor, and process system designs from a mechanical standpoint. Integrates those systems with electrical and controls systems. This includes lube oil, fuel gas, and seal gas systems.
- Directs and reviews the drafting/design team on the creation of contract P&IDs, bills of materials, and part assemblies.
- Supports production in the assembly of equipment through work instructions and redlining drawings.
- Performs technical calculations for a project. For example: rotordynamic, structural, and fluid flow analysis.
- Provides technical/field service support through the end of warranty and handover to service.
- Interfaces with customers in a professional fashion. Represents Siemens as a technical subject matter expert.
- Minimum B.S. in an engineering related field.
- 5 to 8 years of Mechanical Engineering industry experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to direct a small team or give general direction to others
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel).
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred. M.S. degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD & Finite Element Analysis
- SAP Experience
- Knowledge of VBA, Hysys, Matlab, FEA, or any rotordynamics software is a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.