Sr Director, Finance – Quote to Booking Head; Central Zone
Business Unit: Business Administration
Requisition Number: 233811
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Position Title: Sr Director, Finance - Quote to Booking Head – Central Zone
In this role, the employee performs three key roles: first, the employee supports internal and external customers in the preparation, review, approval, and order entry of proposals and contracts for DI/AT/US, Service and LD/POC. Second, this role supports the entire Quote to Booking zone team in all aspects of the quote to booking process, by coaching, training, driving process improvements, and problem solving. The scope includes IT systems, product line expertise and support, IFRS 15 and MEA accounting in addition to the quote to booking process itself. Third, this role serves as zone controller for the financial aspects of managing the zone
In addition, in line with established Siemens guidelines and policies, this role requires review, revision and approval of customer price quotes for DI/AT/US, Service and LD/POC, validation of incoming orders and contracts to ensure all required documents have been received, and the accurate booking of orders and contracts orders in the Siemens ERP platform (SAP).
- Lead the zone Quote to Booking team, including recruiting, hiring, training and developing Quote to Booking specialists and RFP process to consult with sales, marketing, Legal, and finance to develop all required standard and custom contracts as well as various leasing options. This involves creating appropriate terms and conditions for all leasing options, negotiating and executing customer contracts consistent with Siemens legal, finance, and accounting policies and overall business strategy.
- Manage team performance, specifically related to turnaround times for requests, adherence to DoA, finance/accounting requirements, escalation policy and all other requirements. Collaborate with Customer Finance leadership team to collectively address challenges and ensure consistency across zones.
- Collaborate with zone finance, SCA, Marketing, Sales and Legal teams to develop strategies to meet long-range plans and goals through the design and implementation of new contracting options, including new products and programs.
- Support the zone finance team in Share forecast and expense activities.
- Serve as liaison to legal team and coordinate with legal, leasing, and finance teams on the terms and conditions of sales contracts and proposals, driving consistency throughout organization as needed.
· Coach all employees in the Quote to Booking zone team to deliver timely and accurate quotes, drive consistent processes, ensure proposals meet Siemens business objectives and validate/book orders accurately. Provide proactive guidance on most complex proposals and contracts to team members.
· Collaborate with Customer Finance leadership team (across zones as needed) to implement process improvement initiatives for optimizing resource efficiency and productivity as well as to ensure consistent processes and policies.
· Participate in process improvement, IT, and other project initiatives as needed. Additionally, consult to establish processes to support new business models and new product lines.
· Ensure compliance with all finance, accounting, and quality policies.
This position requires strong written and oral communication skills with proven interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with people, coach and mentor employees and maintain rapport with internal and external customers is essential.
Demonstrated leadership ability in a cross-functional team environment. This includes coaching, mentoring, formal performance management, team development, and change management.
Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex problems and apply problem-solving skills effectively is needed. Ability to make decisions and recommendations to resolve issues is essential. Ability to use Lean concepts and other techniques to streamline processes while mitigating risks.
Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize workflow, perform under sensitive deadlines.
Advanced knowledge of entire quote to contract lifecycle process, with particular emphasis on quote to booking process is required. This includes basic knowledge of DI/AT/US, Service, and LD/POC product lines (with expertise in at least one product line area) and how those differences impact quotes through booking processes.
Advanced knowledge of IT systems, how they impact the quote to booking process, how to adapt processes to implement new business models, and how to troubleshoot issues is critical.
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and collaborate/consult with peers and others outside of functional area to resolve complex issues and improve existing processes.
Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business with at least 10 years of related experience or greater than 12 years in a similar capacity is required. MBA preferred.
Proficient with Share
Working knowledge of SAP
Proficient with MS Office suite (particularly Word and Excel)
Proficient in Finance and Accounting processes and regulations, particularly revenue recognition guidelines (MEA, IFRS)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Solid leadership skills and knowledge of “state of the art” leadership concepts and approaches.