IT Field Technician - Information Technology Support- Cypress
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233844
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
For more information, please visit:
- Adheres to operational working rules and guidelines, and proposes process improvements.
- Processes all assigned tasks and checks progress of agreed transactions and workflows to ensure timely completion.
- Completes IT operations and maintenance related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
- Responds to operations related enquiries, may act as first point of contact in subject matters.
- May perform 1st-Level user help desk activities.
- Collaborates with functionally involved Operations Professionals.
- Works independently, as a stand-alone position or within a functionally dedicated team of IT Operations Professionals.
- Overall responsibility – Support all location’s employees in setup, maintenance and emergency repairs including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, and smartphones.
- Check device hardware and software (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) with goal to get employee back on the jobsite including deploying temporary equipment (mobile and desktop phones, computers) as needed. Work with equipment vendors and Siemens IT to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime.
- On/Off Boarding Support of employees - Software, Hardware, Phones, etc. Commissioning and decommissioning per Siemens policies.
- IT Champion/Liaison - Leads efforts for IT software and hardware upgrades and rollout, out of scope software, and new tools deployment by interacting with various Siemens stakeholders.
- IT Ticket Management – Logs tickets for first level Siemens IT support. Coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end user. Manages escalations and resolutions.
- Proven Experience as an IT technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, engineering
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- 2+ years in related experience
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles