Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 233846
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures. Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls. Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
· Performs or assists with installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with automatic building control systems, fire management, security CCTV, audio and energy management systems. May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
· Installs or assist with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with fire, security, and energy management systems. Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performs interlock wiring as required.
· Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up. Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication. Disconnects and dismantles electric/ electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site. Level II: Above plus assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers.
· Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings. Responds to service and warranty calls and performs preventative maintenance and routine inspections.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
· Trains and assigns work to Electronic Installer I. Senior: Above plus assists with electrical and electronic estimating, ordering and acknowledging job material orders, and job scheduling. Provides evaluation feedback to management regarding Electronic Installer I and II.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Excellent conduit/pipe running skills.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with installing low voltage/HVAC controls.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.