Electrical Estimator - Building Automation, Fire Alarm, and Security Systems - Building Technologies - Dallas, TX
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 233860
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for an Electrical Estimator to support their project business. The candidate makes recommendations relative to cost evaluations and value engineering. Activities are tracked and documented according to standards established by the Building Technologies Procurement Organization, and reports the results of negotiations in designated on-line tools. This person reports to the electrical estimating manager and have no direct reports.
The candidate analyzes conceptual or detailed job designs, specifications and drawings to provide cost estimates for material and labor to be sourced externally for building automation, fire safety, and security electrical installation. Based upon these estimates, the candidate prepares/assists with development of RFPs and either leads or assists in negotiations to establish subcontractor pricing.
The candidate collaborates with procurement, sales, engineering and at times with customers to understand and/or develop the scope of work that will be awarded. From time to time the candidate visits job sites within the Zone and compiles additional background for his/her estimates.
These clarifications and solidifications of scope will be passed along to the subcontractors to ensure appropriate understanding of the job to be performed. The candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and be familiar with state and municipal codes. The candidate will assist in maintaining Siemens databases that include market labor and material cost factors and that shall permit a high level of estimate efficiency. Those databases must provide a level of detail that is critical to support successful negotiations with subcontractors.
The candidate will provide on-site electrical installation estimation training to subcontractors nationwide. Additionally, training to sales and operations personnel along with insights into current labor trends and material costs will also be provided.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of estimating experience in the electrical installation industry, including significant experience estimating labor and material for building automation, fire safety, or security system controls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience will be considered
- Good financial analysis skills in determining risk.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for contacts with inter and intra departmental personnel, as well as management.
- Strong computer skills are required, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Cross functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external).
- Demonstrated understanding cost drivers associated to electrical installation
- Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
- Demonstrated self-starter
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups
- Training experience a plus
- Solid project management and continuous improvement skills required
- Experience using Accubid estimating software
- Bachelor's Degree