Metrology Manufacturing Technician
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 233877
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
A qualified maintenance technician will complete calibrations, qualifications, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, following Siemens Healthineers policies and procedures. They are expected to take a proactive role in supporting the Metrology and Maintenance Team, providing internal client support, and building a high level of trust with internal personnel. This trust is developed through consistently upholding Siemens Healthineers Principles and demonstrating Honesty, Integrity, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, and Commitment. The successful candidate will report into the Manager of Metrology and Maintenance.
- Provide calibration, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and minor repair of instruments used in laboratories.
- Collect, process, and return pipettes, standards, and other equipment outsourced for calibration.
- Engages with internal customers (scientists, engineers, and research staff) as well as external vendors in a courteous and professional manner
- Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Respond to trouble calls and perform diagnostics and minor repairs.
- Track record of maintaining detailed and accurate service records for scheduled maintenance and repairs
- Assist in reviewing and writing calibration and preventive maintenance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collect and organize technical data from equipment manufacturers, equipment users, and engineering personnel.
- Weekly rotation on-call for environmental and freezer monitoring systems, addressing alarms.
- Demonstrated experience with LOTO procedures to de-energize electrical and mechanical sources.
- Adhere to safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist Facilities personnel with maintenance of building systems and equipment and other Facilities-related tasks.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities and functions as directed by Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required and minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device industry
- Demonstrated ability to use to hand tools including drill
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Traceability and Test Accuracy Ratios
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated skills in problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to learn new applications.
- Must be able to perform work without direct supervision.
Ability to lift 50 pounds. This position is in a laboratory facility environment with medium to heavy physical demands. A
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management System. Experience using CERDAAC a plus.