Project Procurement Specialist - Construction - Building Technologies - Dallas, TX
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 233888
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
- Identify potential sourcing opportunities that would fit the use of the Siemens Exchange eSourcing tool through day-to-day contact with sales and operations personnel.
- Recommend in collaboration with the Field Procurement Managers the type of event to be posted, including start/end date, bid increments, reserve price, etc. where appropriate.
- Identify bidders to be invited through recommendations from stakeholders, preferred supplier lists or Field Procurement Managers, and where necessary, set-up the supplier in the tool and train as appropriate
- Upload provided documentation (agreements, specifications, drawings, etc) into the tool for bidder review.
- Monitor the event to ensure participation from bidders and to address any technical issues that arise (address with appropriate IT personnel).
- Liaise with appropriate branch personnel to answer bidder questions.
- Summarize closed event for branch personnel.
- Continued promotion of the eSourcing tool and process.
- Employ targeted sourcing strategies to contribute to pre- & post-book savings goals
- Proficient in managing a savings forecasting process for assigned projects.
- Other responsibilities as assigned (including but not limited to: contract execution and renewals, supplier on-boarding, supplier score tracking, etc).
- High School Diploma/GED; some college preferred
- 2-4 years purchasing experience.
- 2-4 Years Customer Service experience, within a corporate environment.
- Ability to work both within a team atmosphere, and be able to work individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically in both oral and written formats.
- Dynamic, energetic personality that is self-motivated to succeed.
- Ability to take direction, both from manager and team-members.
- Ability to work with other departments to resolve all issues.
- Deep knowledge of the Building Technologies (BT) project business – its products, systems, and services
- Demonstrated strategic negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in bid, scope, and project handoff meetings with the ability to obtain basic information from prints and/or understand scope documents.
- Familiarity with BT Field organization and BT branch office project processes.
- College Degree in Business or related field, from an accredited school.
- CPM Certification.
- Familiarity with internet based applications for purchasing or auctioning items (such as eBay)
- Familiarity with project business
- Familiarity with construction business
- Familiarity with working with electrical installation subcontractors