Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 233921
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare Federal, State, and Local Income and Franchise Tax Returns, including collecting and analyzing financial data, calculating book / tax differences, preparing supporting workpapers.
• Prepare analysis and schedules to support the filing of the Federal Consolidated Tax Return.
• Research tax issues using on-line tax services.
• Review assigned companies tax provision calculations.
• Interface with Siemens Corporation tax employees located in throughout the country with respect to tax related matters.
• Review state apportionment data submitted by assigned companies.
• Reconcile financial and tax accounts.
• Document tax positions in writing.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Communicate orally and in writing with state tax authorities.
• Gather documentation and provide analysis to support tax positions under audit.
• B.A./B.S. in Accounting required
• Graduate Degree in Taxation preferred
• Five plus preparing Federal, State, and Local Income Tax Returns
• Tax experience in corporate tax compliance area.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) required
• Experience with Corptax a plus
• Federal consolidation experience a plus
• State Combined and State Consolidated experience a plus
• Experience with SAP, Essbase, and/or IFRS a plus
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint
• CPA preferred