Software Engineer - Advanced - C++ Web API
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233939
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon, United States-New York-Melville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
We are seeking a Software Engineer – Advanced to design and implement server-side C++ code and refactor existing code in order to support additional functionality, better performance, improved user workflows, and web clients. The Software Engineer will maintain quality and backward compatibility while making large-scale changes to existing software.
This position reports to the Manager of the Client-Server team under
the Software Framework division of the Platform department working on
* Create and document high-quality, extensible software in a timely manner.
* Collaborate as part of a large, distributed group of developers.
* Travel when necessary (up to 3%) tocollaborate with other teams.
* Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
* Communicate project status during regular meetings.
* Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
This position requires at least :
- a master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 3 years progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development or
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign
equivalent) and 5 years progressive, post baccalaureate experience in software design and development.
* Programming server-side API software in modern C++ Issue management using Jira or a comparable system
* Editing software using Eclipse and/or Visual Studio
* Implementing object-oriented C++ design patterns
* Working on legacy code bases
* Application development with large-scale datasets and stringent performance and quality requirements
* Using version control systems such as Git
* Developing a scientific or engineering software application
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Programming in Java
* Programming web applications
* Programming with the Angular software framework
* Work in Computational Fluid Dynamics
* Expertise in Physics and Mathematics